Friday, May 21, 2010

May ICLW!!

Welcome all the ICLW readers!  This is my 1st time participating, and I am excited to get to know so many of you through your blogs within the next couple of days =)

Here's a bit of information about me:

I'm 30 years old and been TTC #2 for 5 years.  Even though I already have a child, my "clock" is ticking SO LOUD , that it became the only thing I could think about.  I lived, breathed my Infertility for YEARS.  You see, I was one of those girls..The ones that I shake my head at now..I was a teen mom.  A VERY young teen mom.

I was diagnosed with PCOS 7 years ago, and had been told by every doctor I've met, that I needed to lose weight in order to get pregnant.  Easier said than done.  Well, that's what I told myself.  I did many cycles of clomid, with ovulation occurring one time, when I was on 250mg of clomid for almost 12 days. Then we were told we needed to move on to Super Ovulation.

Fast Forward a year.  Last year we found out that we weren't just dealing with my PCOS, but my husband had MFI.  So the best bet for us would be to do injectable cycles with IUI.  We found a clinic some what close to home and decided to start ART.

2 injectable cycles with IUI, 1 IVF, and 1 FET last year, and we are babiless. (is that a word?)

And that's when I realised that I had spent most of my marriage obsessed with TTC.  I decided to try and put more focus on me and my marriage this year and hope I become one of those women I am jealous of, the ones who get pregnant while on a TTC break..ya, those ones.  Now THAT'S easier said than done. 

I have lost 64lbs in about 6 months.  and I think it may be time to start TTC from step 1 again.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on losing 64 lbs!!!! That is quite an accomplishment. I look forward to reading your blog and feel free to follow mine too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on losing 64 lbs in 6 months!! And I hope you ARE one of the ones that gets pregnant while on a break! :) Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats awesome you were able to loose the weight. I too suffer from PCOS. Hubby and I did some testing but decided to try naturally for a while.
    I just became your newest follower so hopefully I can come on one day and see your pregnancy announcement.
    Happy ICLW!(#64)
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! you have quite a story. You should be so, so proud of your weight loss. BTW, if you want to come over to my blog, that would be great, given your track record of helping others get KU!! LOL! Maybe I can return the favor!

    I don't have PCOS, but we are MF, too. We've done 1 IVF (1 fresh and 1 FET). No luck so far!

    Happy ICLW!
    http://ambivalentwomb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete