Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hello, doc?

I decided that I need to find a new gyno.

I moved here 2 years ago, and hadn't bothered looking for one till last Fall.  I decided I should get a pelvic done before my frozen egg transfer, and to discuss alot of pain I had been having.  Well, he was AWFUL.

I told him about alot of constant pain I've been having in my side where my left ovary is, and he told me it's probably due to my extra weight...Are you freaking kidding me?  I told him that it was getting so bad that sometimes I've come close to throwing up...again, it's probably from all the weight on my belly...

He asked me about any medication I am on, and I told him I was using Syrnael, a nasal spray to get ready for my transfer, and I was wearing 4 vivelle patches every 2 days.  You should have seen the look on his face! He honestly looked disgusted.  He then lectured me getting pregnant while being obese, and how his advice to me would be for the health of the child, to lose weight first. (He refused to look further into my pain, as it would be a waste of money)

I left in tears. 

It's been 6 months since that visit, and I am going to find a new gyno.  I constantly feel pressure in my pelvic area, and sometimes I get horrible period like cramps, even when I don't have my period.  Something must be up.  Plus, I am curious if it's the same here in Washington as it is back home..Where an OB/GYN can prescribe clomid and maybe some other tests?

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog from ICLW and I'm glad that I did. You and I have similar stories, especially with rude Dr.'s who blame our weights for every ailment we're feeling. Hope that your new OB/GYNO has some answers for you.

    PS: I'm now following! :o)

    ICLW #52

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find a new ob/gyn who will work with you. Hugs to you!

    ICLW
    http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete