Thursday, November 11, 2010

A crabby post - I was Glucola drunk

I had an awful OB appt yesterday. It was only my 2nd time being there, and I was amazed by how busy it was. The waiting room was packed with pregnant ladies, which started to make me feel like I was just another number. They had the financial lady come get us, to say that my monthly payments are $200/month, that I paid $200 last appt. and I need to pay 4 more times. It was bothersome, because I knew this..and yet they do these visits as a surprise before your appt. like they are worried you're not going to pay. So I paid it off entirely so I don't have to see her again.

Back to the waiting room.

Then a nurse comes and gets me, and brings me back to a bench to sit on and wait for my blood to be drawn. The older lady was trying to make small talk, and it was awkward. I just drank an hour before the nasty Glucola drink, I have heartburn like I drank a freaking glass of lava....Give me a break

Back to the waiting room.

20 minutes later another nurse gets us for my appt. About time! I've always looked forward to my appointments, and this one just seemed like a let down. I didn't get told what my blood pressure was, what the fetal heart rate was, what was my belly measurement..It was a quiet appt. then the doctor came in...Most socially retarded person, ever. He wanted to know about baby's movements, because I mentioned to the nurse he's been quieter this week..He gave me a kick counter sheet, and said that I am at the point in my pregnancy that I need to count kicks /daily. I asked him if baby was more quiet cause of a growth spurt? he hrmmmed for a whole minute, and said maybe, but not likely. I said do alot of baby's get quiet at this point? Nope! then went on that if it continues then a Still birth is what he's guessing will happen.

WTF.

I then told him that I wanted to try a vaginal birth after c section. He looked pissed. Like I was wasting his time! He gave me correct information, how there was like a less than 1% chance of my old scar ripping, but that he can't okay it, until he saw my op notes from my 1st c-section. Oh, he forgot to add that I had to try and get them myself, because his staff doesn't call out of State for that stuff.... Oh, so I am suppose to call from Boise, Id, a hospital that I haven't been at in YEARS, say my maiden name, and that 16 years ago I had a c-section there, and could they give me my op notes?

Frustrating.

And then he left the room, popped his head in, and handed the nurse a Vaginal Birth After Cesarean Delivery flyer. and that was it.

I had my husband go back, and at least ask for my measurement. I needed SOMETHING! I am measuring 2 weeks ahead, which is perfect.

The front desk nurse was to book me another appt. for 4 weeks from now...and she came up with Dec 1st? Whatever. I took it, and asked for another doctor next time. and I got a nurse practitioner. Of course.

1 comment:

  1. What a dick! Such a horrible thing to say to you. I'm sorry that you had to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete