Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Letter in the mail...

We got a letter in the mail addressed to both myself and my husband.  We couldn't open it.  We knew where it came from, we knew what it needed, we knew what needed to be done.  We knew it would not be easy.

It was a letter asking us what we would like to do with our 4 frozen embryos.  It was a letter wanting us to pay $1500 to freeze them another year.  It was a letter wanting to know if we were going to give them a chance.  We decided to let them go.

It was not an easy choice.

In December we thawed 4 embryos and had 3 survive, but were only allowed to transfer the best 2.  I know that just because that cycle didn't work doesn't mean that these last embryos wouldn't work.  We just can't financially right now do it =(

It sucks when infertiles can't have treatments because of financial reasons, and it hurts to know we can't give these embryos a chance.  We would have to pay $1500 this week, and then again next summer.  I would not be able to do a transfer while breastfeeding...Not to mention we have no idea if we will be relocating again soon...Jayleen has college in 2 years, and I have baby gear I need to purchase within the next 5 months.

It's just sad no matter how many reasons I come up with.

I'm sorry little embryos.

1 comment:

  1. I am in the same predicament as you Kellyanne. Thankfully not as much money, but when money is tight every cent matters. I think we will make the decision to say goodbye as well.