Sunday, September 28, 2014

Delightful Apple Crisp

Disclaimer:I am a member of the TruFan Community, a rewards community on Crowdtap. This review is based on my experience with Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend that Truvia® sent me. All opinions are my OWN & were not influenced by Crowdtap, Truvia or a 3rd party.



On to the sweet stuff!

I was sent Truvia's new Brown Sugar Blend for free to try out.  I got it a few weeks ago, with hopes of doing a big bake-a-thon the following weekend, BUT my wisdom tooth that I was hoping I could keep (lol) got infected! so I've been recovering for the past week!  By recovering, I mean suffering.  ha!

Today I felt great & the weather was a bit gloomy, like typical fall weather, so I jumped right in! Apple Crisp with a caramel sauce with a dab of greek yogurt to cut the sweetness & add some creaminess.  I usually have a little helper in the kitchen with me at every baking adventure, but today he was having a daddy & me day, using the outdoor sogginess to do boy stuff...you know, look for worms, get muddy, come in & eat all of mama's pie...Grrr! ahaha

Let's get baking!

Here's what you'll need:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F 
Peel-core-slice your apples


  1. Toss apples with Truvia's baking blend & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl to coat; pour into a cast iron skillet

  1. Mix Truvia's brown sugar blend, oats, flour, & 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a separate bowl. Use a  2 forks to mash cold butter into the oats mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; spread over the apples to the edges of the skillet. Pat the topping gently until even.




  1. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown & sides are bubbling- about 45 mins

While my crumble baked, I made up a QUICK caramel sauce, put it in a mason jar & set it aside till everything was cooled....a bit ;)  I used THIS recipe for the sauce. I used my Truvia brown blend in place of the brown sugar it calls for - 3/4 Cup-.  (I could have ate this whole pot!)





& there you have it!  Truvia did it again! #YAYBROWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment